Punta Del Este Climate & Temperature
- Punta Del Este, Uruguay is at 35°0'S, 55°0'W, 16 m (52 ft). See map.
- Punta Del Este has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Punta Del Este is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 16.4 degrees Celsius (61.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.2 °C (18.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1020 mm (40.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1020 Litres/m² (25.02 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Punta Del Este you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mokp"o, North Korea where you would find a Humid subtropical climate.
Punta Del Este Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Punta Del Este Climate Graph in Metric Units
Punta Del Este Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Punta Del Este, Uruguay Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Paso De Los Toros, Uruguay - 282.3 kms (175.4 miles) NNW
- Gualeguaychu, Argentina - 400.7 kms (249 miles) WNW
- Mercedes, Uruguay - 343 kms (213.1 miles) WNW
- Colonia, Uruguay - 260.1 kms (161.6 miles) WNW
- Aeroparque B. Aires, Argentina - 315.7 kms (196.2 miles) W
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - 321.4 kms (199.7 miles) W
- Ezeiza, Argentina - 322.8 kms (200.6 miles) W
- Carrasco, Uruguay - 94.1 kms (58.5 miles) W
- Montevideo, Uruguay - 110.7 kms (68.8 miles) W
- Prado, Uruguay - 111.1 kms (69 miles) W
- La Plata, Argentina - 264.2 kms (164.2 miles) W
- Punta Indio, Argentina - 211.5 kms (131.4 miles) WSW
- Dolores, Argentina - 288.9 kms (179.5 miles) WSW
- Mar Del Plata, Argentina - 399.6 kms (248.3 miles) SW